Sunday, November 14, 2010

Woo-hoo! I Won!

Last week, I was catching up on one of my favorite blogs: Two Writing Teachers by Ruth and Stacey.  One particular post kicked off a series of four posts related to children's literature that address bullying.  I was smiling from ear-to-ear when I read the excerpts of The Boss Baby by Marla Frazee.  As luck would have it, the Two Writing Teachers blog was going to give away a copy of the book to one lucky winner who posted a comment to that day's post.  Of course, I entered a comment about this adorable book that very minute.

The Boss Baby made me smile so much that the next day I was in my favorite big box book store searching for it.  It took all of my will power to keep from purchasing that book right then and there.  I told myself I only had to wait for a week to see if I would win the contest, and if I didn't win I could make another trip to the big box book store (Oh, darn! I guess if I have to ...) to look for it again.

Lo and behold, it was my lucky day! I checked out the Two Writing Teachers blog this evening, and guess what? I won a copy of The Boss Baby!  Woo-hoo! If it wasn't so late on a Sunday night, I'd be up dancing around the family room in celebration.
Mr. RWTS was just as lucky as me today.  He is traveling for work this evening, and when he checked into his hotel he was told he was the "guest of the day" which entitled him to a free goodie bag full of treats, snacks, and bottled water.  As Mr. RWTS said, with all of this good luck between the two of us today, we should have bought a lottery ticket! Oh well, we can't win 'em all. :o)

1 comment:

  1. You're the second person who's won a book from that giveaway that mentioned they should think about getting a lottery ticket. :) Maybe... I believe the slogan for the NY Lottery is, "Hey, you never know."
    -Stacey

    ReplyDelete