Saturday, November 13, 2010

Proud Mama :o)

Last night, Mr. RWTS and I were debating who was going to take our oldest son to basketball practice (from 7:30 to 9:00 on a Friday night - let's just add insult to injury by making us admit that we have no social life, and therefore, nothing else to do on a Friday night besides hang out at the elementary gymnasium watching 9- and 10-year olds shoot hoops - alas, I digress). The big selling point was that the parent who would be taking in sweaty, stale air and listening to the bounce-bounce-bouncing of the dribblers would also be the one who got to spend a solid, uninterrupted, hour-and-a-half reading.

Mr. RWTS generously offered to let me head to practice and spend some time reading or doing work - whatever I wanted.  As I took him up on the offer, a brief interjection from our son made me smile.
Mrs. RWTS: Okay, I'll take him to practice. Yes, I have work to do, but I would rather read.
Son #1: (incredulously) Who wouldn't?
That's my boy!!! Proud mama moment! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment