I am taking a leap of faith, venturing into the unknown, (insert an applicable cliché here). This exploration into blogging is new to me, but here is what I know:
- I enjoy reading other blogs by educators who inspire me by sharing their thoughts on reading, writing, and teaching.
- As I age, I realize that I have so many thought-provoking, Hmmmm-causing, I-should-really-try-this ideas. And I need to "get them down on paper" or else they will quickly turn into "now-what-were-those-really-important-thoughts-I-was-thinking-and-didn't-want-to-forget" ideas. Those of you over 30 with kids know what I am talking about.
- I am passionate about my beliefs regarding the teaching of reading and writing, and I can't help but voice my opinion.
- The pros will tell you to be a better teacher of writing, you need to live the writing life. Here is my stab at writing. Please be merciful. :o)
- Sometimes a girl just needs to vent. Here is my forum. I may or may not be heard, but I will feel better for getting it out.
So, we'll see where this blog takes me. Wish me luck. One, two, three ... JUMP!